$100,000 - $125,000
About CAA and AACRE
Chinese for Affirmative Action was founded in 1969 to protect the civil and political rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian American and Pacific Islander community. We advocate for systemic change that protects immigrant rights, promotes language diversity, and remedies racial and social injustice.
In 2014, CAA helped to launch the Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality (AACRE) network that focuses on long-term movement building, capacity infrastructure, and leadership support for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders committed to social justice. Including CAA, there are currently 11 partnering member groups with unique strengths. Fiscal sponsorship, administrative, and operational support is provided centrally for all of these groups so they can focus on their core programs.
More recently, CAA, along with AAPI Equity Alliance and the San Francisco State University Asian American Studies Department, launched the Stop AAPI Hate coalition to document and respond to incidents of hate at the local, state, and national levels. The mission of Stop AAPI Hate is to advance equity, justice, and power by dismantling systemic racism and building a multiracial movement to end anti-Asian American and Pacific Islander hate. This is an exciting period of growth and impact for Stop AAPI Hate. Due to the extraordinary demand and support for our work, we are poised to deepen and expand our reach and engagement throughout the country.
At the grassroots level, our community building work nurtures the ability of immigrants to participate fully in civic life. These activities include direct services, leadership development, and civic engagement with limited-English proficient newcomers and immigrants on issues that impact our community. At the systemic level, CAA leads advocacy, communications, and movement building work to improve public policy and shape public discourse. We produce community-based research, publish policy analyses and recommendations, influence opinion through media, organize to engage elected and government officials, and nurture a range of progressive coalitions.
The AACRE Digital Database Administrator leads the oversight, administrative, and project management in two primary database systems that support development, legislation, communication, and case management central to the operations of Chinese for Affirmative action and the AACRE Network. Our ideal candidate will learn and understand the needs of the 11 AACRE groups and work closely with group leaders to integrate multiple systems of communications into our two primary databases. They will continuously work on standardizing, streamlining, and operationalizing the data architecture within the core areas above as AACRE grows.
- Top level administrator of Salesforce and Every Action database to support other admin level users, power users, and basic users
- Include customizing and implementing profiles, roles, security settings, sharing rules, applications, custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, workflow, validation rules, approvals, dashboards, reports, etc
- Manage and resolve all ticket requests from Every Action users and escalate to engineers as needed.
- Train all users in both platforms
- Develop and update standard operating procedures for Salesforce and Every Action that documents the technical functionalities and how-tos of each system
- Lead annual strategic planning, roadmapping, and project management for Database related projects.
- Ensure data integrity between two systems, while archiving legacy data from sunsetted platforms
- Gather detailed requests for process improvements and new functionality
- Research, install, and manage apps from app exchange
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of global data needs, and lead phased implementation process to scale systems that support an existing 5 year strategic plan
- Create and manage changes to each database, keeping up to date with quarterly releases and how they may impact users day to day work
- Ensure proper entry and flow of revenue tracking in Salesforce including donations, pledges, recurring gifts, and grants
- Design and manage user creation including permissions and user licenses for third party tools connected to each database
- Ensure the data integrity between the two systems are maintained using syncs, flows, and automations while creating pristine and accurate standard operating procedures
- Strong understanding of process builder and flow
- Keep up to date with new tools to support internal operations and information technology needs, and external communication needs
- Ability to work with, analyze, and ensure data integrity in complex spreadsheets
- Lead in work with multiple external consultants and internal staff
- Provide timely support to end users to resolve issues with Salesforce and related applications
- Quickly identify business risks, inefficiencies, issues and opportunities related to Salesforce application administration
- Lead database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests, duplicate entry cleansing, alignment of fields and data in accordance with data management principles, and cleaning up/archiving of outdated or unused reports, fields, records, and picklist values.
- Coordinate and lead quarterly data clean up dates with leadership and power users
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of AACRE and CAA including social justice and equity issues within immigrant, LGBTQ+, and multi-racial communities
- 3 + years of Salesforce experience, ideally within the NPSP platform and Program Management Module
- Salesforce Admin certification
- NPSP certification
- Strong understanding of digital security and backup practices
- Dataloader, NPSP Importer, Apsona and Tableau experience a strong plus
- Ability to teach and build training materials that meets the needs of a wide variety of users
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “AACRE Digital Database Administrator”. For more information about CAA, please visit www.caasf.org.
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.