Salary: Starting at $21.50 per hour; excellent benefits, including healthcare and paid time off
Hours: Full Time; Non-Exempt; 40 hrs/week
Deadline: May 27, 2021
CAA is growing in exciting ways as we adapt to new realities. The Administrative and Programs Assistant plays an important role in CAA’s work. In addition to maintaining a welcoming environment for all visiting community members and providing critical administrative and bookkeeping support for the entire organization, this position will prioritize supporting community members coming to CAA with informational inquiries and seeking one-on-one assistance with other programmatic areas. The position draws on a variety of skills ranging from detailed record keeping to helpful interactions with community members. The Administrative and Programs Assistant represents CAA to a wide range of stakeholders and must be familiar with our values, activities, campaigns, and partnerships; and able to represent CAA with compassion, fairness and knowledge about our causes. Services will be provided remotely, with occasional office visits as needed, until in-person restrictions are lifted. This position reports to the Civic Engagement Program Manager.
- Assist front desk staff in welcoming visitors in person and on the phone, and answering inquiries about services and programs as well as CAA campaigns and advocacy positions directing calls to staff and making community resource referrals when needed;
- Conducting one-on-one, in-language intake, pre-screenings, assessments, and registration of limited-English proficient Chinese immigrant community members seeking CAA services, with follow-up and casenote logging as necessary;
- Coordinating, drafting, and sending bilingual digital communication, including outreach materials, with crucial information, available community resources, and job opportunities to CAA clients;
- Supporting virtual community events with logistics, virtual engagement with monolingual Chinese speaking participants, and limited translation and interpretation responsibilities;
- Supporting monolingual CAA staff with administrative tasks by bridging technological and language barriers;
- Maintain safe and orderly office space and conference rooms, including ordering office supplies and monitoring inventory, and sorting and distributing incoming/outgoing postal mail;
- Help with scheduling that includes use of CAA’s Community Room, translation equipment, and coordinating logistics for meetings involving multiple team members and for CAA events; and
- Additional administrative duties including logging calls, voicemails, texts, and emails from CAA’s direct service hotlines, responding to simple inquiries and connecting community members to appropriate staff for further services, setting-up and maintaining client files and databases, safely handling any sensitive and confidential information.
- Oral fluency and biliteracy in English and Cantonese required
- Previous work experience with low-income, limited English proficient Chinese immigrants
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to provide exceptional community service in one-on-one or group settings
- Knowledge of San Francisco’s neighborhoods and immigrant-serving community based organizations preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Experience with Chinese word processing
- Strong skills in: Windows, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Platform, Zoom, WeChat, and Canva
- Commitment to the mission and goals of CAA
- Ability to work between standard office hours from 9am to 5pm and occasionally flexible hours including evenings and weekends
How to Apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Administrative and Programs Assistant”. For more information about CAA, please visit www.caasf.org.
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, immigrants, people of color and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.