Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt
Deadline: Review of resumes will begin in September 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Chinese for Affirmative Action (CAA) was founded in 1969 to protect the civil rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian American and Pacific Islander (API) community.
At the grassroots level, our direct services, leadership development, and civic engagement work nurtures the ability of immigrants to participate fully in civic life. At the systemic level, CAA leads advocacy, communications, and movement building work to improve public policy and to shape public discourse.
The Chinese Digital Engagement Advocate (CDE Advocate) will support the implementation of CAA’s Chinese language strategic communications and digital engagement work. The CDE Advocate will work closely with CAA programmatic and communications staff to operationalize Chinese language translation, content creation, and curation on Chinese digital and ethnic media communications.
The CAA Chinese Digital Engagement Advocate is a non-exempt position supervised by the CAA Chinese Digital Engagement Program Manager that contributes towards CAA’s strategic goal of growing the Chinese progressive voice in the United States.
This is a full-time opportunity with tremendous learning and growth opportunities in an exciting area of CAA’s social justice work cultivating and supporting progressive voices and leaders in the Chinese community.
- Support CAA programs and operations in Chinese digital communication and engagement
- Produce dynamic multimedia content, such as long blog articles and short videos for CAA and CAA-affiliated accounts on Chinese social media platforms
- Support CAA Chinese ethnic media engagements and maintain CAA Chinese ethinc media press lists
- Maintain Chinese digital engagement partners and supporters network via website, Slack, email, and other communication tools
- Set up and manage new CAA Chinese social media accounts, including accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Tiktok
- Plan and implement Chinese digital events, convenings, trainings, and town halls
- Manage Chinese digital engagement volunteers and interns
- Contribute to programmatic reporting and data analysis
- Fulfill additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- Commitment to the mission, values, aspirations of CAA
- Understanding of diverse issues impacting API communities and other communities of color
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
- Excellent Chinese written and translation skills (writing examples required)
- At least 2 years of experience in journalism, communications, digital media, or traditional media required – 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, majoring in journalism, communication, sociology, media, and/or art-related field is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- In-depth understanding of the Chinese ethinic media landscape and communication with experience in Chinese media communications and community education in the context of policy or social change advocacy preferred
- In-depth understanding of the Chinese social media landscape with experience in Chinese social media content production and accounts management such as WeChat, Facebook, Twitter preferred
- Experience in video productions and familiar with accounts management in Youtube and Tiktok
- Experience in event planning and implementation
- Familiar with Chinese digital media marketing tools and methods
- Proficiency in Google Cloud Systems, familiar with WordPress, Canva, Mailchimp
- Experience in data analysis and data visualization is a plus
- Experience in conducting research, training, and writing reports is a plus
- Proactive, self-motivated problem solver who can take initiative
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 Chinese language writing samples to employment(at)caasf.org. In the subject line, please write “CAA Chinese Digital Engagement Advocate.” For more information about CAA, visit www.caasf.org.
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.