CAA is at an exciting moment taking steps to more fully embrace Chinese language communications in traditional and new media outlets to foster community education and storytelling as a core strategy for achieving impact.
To that end, we are investing in Chinese language strategic communications to bolster CAA’s policy advocacy and community engagement on our core issues including: education equity, immigrant rights, Census 2020, economic justice, language diversity, and community justice. CAA aims to disseminate accurate information and provide analysis rooted in civil and social justice values on key issues in Chinese language media to our community and stakeholders.
To help us realize this goal, CAA is seeking to hire a passionate, motivated, skilled, and bilingual/biliterate Chinese Language Media Specialist with the skills and experience to help manage and implement CAA’s Chinese language strategic communications.
Working closely with the organization’s leadership, the Chinese Language Media Specialist will be responsible for coordinating communications efforts that amplify and sustain our organization’s voice in the world of traditional and digital Chinese media while also nurturing networks of allied voices/groups committed to our goals.
- Participate in planning and lead implementation of internal and external ethnic media communications plans designed to increase the impact of CAA’s advocacy and community education;
- Collaborate with CAA staff to develop community-specific resources including narrative, framing and messaging in support of CAA advocacy and community education work;
- Cultivate and sustain organizational relationships with Chinese language content creators and disseminators, including providing training and engagement opportunities around content creation, narrative alignment, and visibility for CAA core issues;
- Liaise with ethnic media outlets, including coordination of ethnic media-related activities and events, development and dissemination of in-language original content for ethnic media markets, and track and monitor ethnic media activity;
- Manage and produce dynamic content for CAA’s Chinese language communications assets including website, e-communications, social media, and print and promotional materials.
- Vet and evaluate Chinese language strategic communications product and outcomes, including but not limited to: aggregating digital media analytics, qualitative reporting on content creation and distribution, assessing CAA impact on traditional and digital Chinese language media, and provide analysis on related community engagement and advocacy outcomes.
- Participate in organizational activities to maximize opportunities to advance CAA’s organization-wide goals, along with community education and advocacy goals.
- Represent CAA’s values, positions and framing on issues related to the organization’s community education and advocacy goals.
- Bilingual and biliterate in Chinese/English required; Cantonese/Traditional character literacy preferred.
- Experience in ethnic media communications, media literacy, and community education in the context of policy or social change advocacy
- Experience managing and cultivating external stakeholder relations including work with community leaders, partners, and coalitions.
- Proficiency in utilizing and navigating Chinese social, digital, and traditional media.
- Excellent written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner.
- Commitment to the mission, values, aspirations of CAA.
- Pro-active, self-motivated problem solver.
- Understanding of diverse issues impacting API communities.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to employment[at]caasf[dot]org. In the subject line, please write “Chinese Language Media Specialist .”
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.