CAA is seeking a talented person committed to ensuring marginalized Chinese immigrant community members are mobilized to create positive change in their community. This position presents a unique opportunity to work with individuals who are directly impacted by the current anti-immigrant atmosphere, and to do so as part of a civil rights organization that is successfully advancing and implementing policies grounded in social justice values.
The work of the Program Manager will support the overarching goal of helping low-income, limited-English proficient (LEP) Chinese immigrant community members participate in civic life through a range of activities and campaigns on issues such as immigrant rights, language access, economic justice, and the 2020 Census.
Core responsibilities include developing political and skill-building workshops and trainings, creating opportunities to practice and deepen leadership, and providing coaching, supervision, and support to a cohort of community members who serve as CAA outreach specialists.
The ideal candidate has the ability to plan and implement culturally and linguistically competent programming, and who is excited to help lead community members in grassroots advocacy and outreach campaigns. The Program Manager is a key member of the CAA staff and will have significant leadership opportunities within the organization as well as with the organization’s external stakeholders.
- Lead, develop, and manage community members through a leadership development program that supports the civic engagement of working class, monolingual to LEP Chinese immigrant community members.
- Coach, supervise, and support new and existing monolingual and LEP community leaders and their civic engagement work on CAA’s advocacy, outreach, and policy agenda.
- Implement regularly scheduled political education and advocacy skills-building workshops and trainings.
- Create meaningful opportunities for community leaders to provide input on CAA strategies and issue areas.
- Participate in and coordinate community-engaged advocacy including with spokesperson development and preparation.
- Represent CAA in coalition meetings, public hearings, and at events.
- Manage systems for tracking and reporting on leadership development activities for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to long-term planning for the organization especially as it relates to civic engagement and leadership development.
- Experience working with and supporting directly impacted, working class, monolingual to LEP Chinese immigrant community members in outreach or advocacy campaigns.
- Experience developing and delivering culturally competent curriculum or trainings that facilitate leadership development.
- Oral fluency in Cantonese required, written fluency in Chinese a plus.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, ethnic studies, sociology or relevant field experience.
- Commitment to social justice and to CAA’s core values.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Abiliity to work flexible hours- including weeknights and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Program Manager, Civic Engagement.”
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.