Salary: $49,000-65,000, commensurate with experience, excellent benefits
Hours: Full-time; 40 hrs/week
Deadline: Review of resumes will begin in early April 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Chinese for Affirmative Action was founded in 1969 to protect the civil rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian American and Pacific Islander (API) community. We advocate for systemic change that advances equity and addresses challenges facing our community.
At the grassroots level, our community building work nurtures the ability of immigrants to participate fully in civic life. These activities include leadership development for Chinese American immigrants, employment services for limited-English proficient newcomers, outreach for immigrant legal services, and community education underscoring issues that impact our constituency.
CAA also leads advocacy to inform and shape public discourse, enact improvements to public policy, generate systemic change, and build social justice movements. This advocacy includes community-based research; public policy, budget, and legislative work; grassroots community education and media campaigns; multi-lingual strategic communications; and active coalition and movement building across a variety of communities.
With local offices anchored at its San Francisco Chinatown headquarters, CAA also maintains an active State policy presence through an office and partnership in Sacramento, and statewide and national advocacy through English and Chinese-language strategic communications and a variety of active relationships with allies.
We are seeking an energetic and passionate Development professional with a deep commitment to CAA’s mission and values. This position will work closely with the Director of Development and CAA leadership in implementing campaigns and projects to meet CAA’s overall fundraising strategy and goals.
This position is ideal for an ambitious go-getter with deep commitment to racial and social justice and immigrant rights. 2+ years proven success organizing fundraising events, solid writing skills, strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills. A good candidate would be able to thrive both in collaborative team settings and in independent work, be highly self-motivated and able to multitask, organize, plan, prioritize, and perform assigned duties with minimal supervision. The position is full-time and non-exempt.
- Coordinate and assist with planning, implementation, and production of fundraising events including communications, vendor relationships, budgets, and event logistics. May coordinate activities related to event programs.
- Maintain timely, personalized correspondence with donors, sponsors, prospects, vendors and partners associated with the events and campaigns.
- Coordinate communications such as mailings and email to prospects and donors.
- Develop and deliver in design, publication, and production of fundraising materials. Examples include event invitations, appeals, correspondence, newsletters, emails, and postcards sent to constituents.
- Support CAA’s fundraising goals of increasing the number of institutional and individual donors and the level of giving through identification, cultivation and solicitation.
- Work closely with the Development Director and Co-Executive Directors to secure and facilitate cultivation and solicitation meetings
- Research and secure new sources of financial support, including new donors, local businesses and event sponsors
- Ensure timely donation tracking and acknowledgement with CAA’s administrative team
- With CAA’s capacity team, ensure donor records are current and accurate with all necessary and pertinent information.
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively and to develop and drive a plan forward
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization with donors as well as interface with all levels of staff while maintaining flexibility, tact, and a positive attitude
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and unrelenting attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Suite, Adobe Creative, digital video conferencing platforms, Microsoft Office suite and databases, ideally Salesforce.
- 2+ years of relevant fundraising and/or events management experience
- Database management experience, especially Salesforce
- Bilingual English/Chinese
- Sense of humor
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to employment(at)caasf.org. In the subject line, please write “Development Coordinator.” For more information about CAA, visit www.caasf.org.
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.