The Director of Operations is responsible for enhancing the internal organization and infrastructure necessary for CAA to grow and fulfill its aspirations in local grassroots efforts and the start-up and sustaining of new and current strategic directions, including the Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality network (AACRE). Capacity areas the director is responsible for include human resources, technology, and facilities.
The Director of Operations is a significant leadership position in helping CAA/AACRE achieve its mission and maximize the organization’s impact. The position oversees personnel, facilities, and information technology functions, and ensures good communication and coordination with other capacity related functions, including finance and development. The director will also work with CAA’s Co-Executive Directors and program directors to ensure operational systems support program goals.
The Director of Operations is an exempt position reporting to one of CAA’s two Co-Executive Directors. The director will supervise CAA’s Technology Manager and two Administrative Assistants, including the front desk administrative assistant. The Director of Operations will be part of CAA’s leadership team and will be a thought partner with other administrative and program staff in a way that is open and that honors individual strengths and passions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Implement organizational culture, values and policies.
- Ensure HR compliance with all local, state and federal requirements, including requirements tied to government contracts.
- Develop workforce strategies to attract and hire talent.
- Establish onboarding and training standards
- Establish employee retention and development including coordination of staff recognition events.
- Oversee the annual review process and maintain personnel files.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll and produce payroll reports.
- Administer employee benefits plans, including employee health benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, and AACRE’s employee retirement plan.
- Ensure the facility is clean, well maintained, safe, inclusive and accessible for everyone.
- Ensure that anyone who regularly uses our facilities are trained in case of an emergency.
- Manage vendor relations, including insurance providers, and equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Ensure administrative staff are supported and are able to provide the best in class services to our clients and visitors.
- Ensure the information and technology systems, policies and procedures meet the current and future needs of CAA/AACRE.
- Coordinate administrative and logistical support for community events sponsored by CAA, including the annual fundraising dinner.
- Work with AACRE Coordinator to facilitate the collaborative process within the network.
- Participate in leadership team meetings and give input from both operations and global perspectives.
- Bridge and integrate operating infrastructure capacity staff and functions with programmatic efforts, staff and partners.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and aspirations of CAA, and able to render these values into practices
- 5-8 years of increasing responsibility in nonprofit management
- Demonstrated experience in positions that require organizational and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in building an inclusive environment in an office setting
- Demonstrated effective supervisory experience a plus
- Creativity and problem solving ability
- Dependability, good judgment, and good communication
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “CAA Director of Operations.”
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.