$65,000 - $80,000
About CAA and AACRE
Chinese for Affirmative Action was founded in 1969 to protect the civil and political rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian American and Pacific Islander community. We advocate for systemic change that protects immigrant rights, promotes language diversity, and remedies racial and social injustice.
In 2014, CAA helped to launch the Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality network (AACRE) that focuses on long-term movement building, capacity infrastructure, and leadership support for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders committed to social justice. Including CAA there are currently 11 partnering member groups with unique strengths. Fiscal sponsorship, administrative, and operational support is provided centrally for all of these groups so they can focus on their core programs.
The Donor Systems Manager works to maintain the data integrity and update current donor processing systems that support eleven fiscally sponsored projects. With the support of the AACRE administration team, this position plays an integral role in the daily operation of AACRE’s various data systems – including Salesforce donor databases, gifts processing, and acknowledgment letter processes, mailing list generation, grants tracking, and vendor relationships with donation platforms. This role will also manage external inquiries from various contributors, including community members, nonprofit, corporate, and foundation leaders. You will work in close partnership with key members of our donations teams, who are responsible for the day-to-day input of donations.
The Donor Systems Manager position is an exempt position and reports to the AACRE Director of Information Technology.
Areas of Responsibility
Donor Systems Management
- Coordinate with the Development and Administrative team to ensure proper allocation of donations and grants
- Maintain and improve the systems and protocols in place for timely donor and donation platform communication
- Work with the Development and Administrative team to continuously improve the donation acknowledgement process
- Maintain and keep track of online donation platforms
- Support gift entry into Salesforce using the NPSP platform
- Generate custom reports with support from leadership and Salesforce Admin Consultants
- Generate accurate mailing and donor lists
- Develop and perform regular (daily, monthly, quarterly and annual) audits to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Run monthly reports to reconcile gifts in Salesforce with the accounting system, and check data integrity of entries made by staff
- Manages back-end of online donation, fundraising, workplace giving, and crowdfunding platforms
- With supervision from the Director of Information Technology, implement security and compliance guidelines for gifts processing, platforms, and donation pages
- Manages, maintains, and updates gifts processing manual
- Update existing training materials for new and existing staff
Donor Relations and Communications
- Troubleshoot and respond to technical and informational inquiries from donors, corporate supporters, and foundations
- Correspond with donors on the intent of their donation when unclear
- Have a primary role in guiding leaders of AACRE groups to ensure all donation and grant administrative requirements are met. Communicate with donors on meeting the requirements
- Commitment to the mission, values, and aspirations of AACRE
- Experience in donor relations or similar communications with constituents
- Minimum of two years experience in gifts processing and working with a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet skills
- Strong fluency with Google Drive and file management
- Ability to manage large amounts of data with near perfect input
- Strong written and oral communications experience
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team and build working partnerships
- Ability to share leadership and build consensus and can take initiative when called upon
- Experience and cultural competence working in the API community in a social justice context
- Follow a strict code of confidentiality
How To Apply To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Donor Systems Manager”. In your cover letter, please address the following questions: What about our mission or values inspires you? What has been your most impactful work or life experience so far, and why?
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.