Formed in 2014, the Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality (AACRE) network came together as part of Chinese for Affirmative Action’s (CAA) movement building strategy in order to create a home for progressive Asian American and Pacific Islander groups and leaders working to meet the evolving needs of our disenfranchised and marginalized communities.
AACRE is comprised of 11 organizations including APEX Express, APIENC (API Equality – Northern California, the Alliance of South Asians Taking Action, Asian Refugees United, Asian Prisoner Support Committee, Chinese for Affirmative Action, Hmong Innovating Politics, Hyphen magazine, the Network on Religion and Justice, VietUnity – East Bay, and the Visibility Project.
Together, groups in the network share capacity infrastructure including access to common facilities, financial management, and administrative support systems. But the true power and potential of the network relies on its ability to support leaders committed to developing the relationships and ethical frameworks needed for communities of conscience to thrive.
The position has two primary roles and responsibilities:
1) Manage our IT vendor who is contracted to oversee our local infrastructure, cloud platforms, technology vendor relationships, budgeting and planning, and all our day-to-day issues;
2) Work with all AACRE partners in managing the technical aspects of their constituent/donor relationship management across a variety of platforms, but primarily through Salesforce.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and will work closely with other key staff.
- Recommends information technology solutions, strategies, policies and procedures based on the Network’s goals.
- Coordinates, plans and leads the information systems activities of the Network.
- Manages all functions of CRM database including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, reporting, queries, and data cleanup projects.
- Develops and delivers clear and accurate reporting and tracking vehicles and instructions for reports, gift entry, dashboards and data extracts.
- Creates and manages department dashboards for analysis, tracking metrics, fundraising, and financial reporting. • Identifies qualitative and quantitative data and information to be captured and recorded in the database. Collaborate with department heads in determining the best structure.
- Ensures that software development projects are delivered on schedule and within budget and that they meet program and technical requirements.
- Conducts regular and more in-depth annual assessments of IT systems.
- Oversees vendors and contracts that require specialized technical tasks.
- Bachelor’s in a computer field or 3-5 years of equivalent experience
- Experience with implementation of information systems development, applications, and cloud technologies
- Experience in supporting accounting, database systems, and CRM automation software, expertise in Salesforce is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to address the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “IT Manager.”
AACRE is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider qualified applicants with prior arrest and conviction records