Position: AACRE Operations and IT Coordinator
Salary: $49,000-65,000, commensurate with experience, excellent benefits
Hours: Full-time; 40 hrs/week
Deadline: Review of resumes will begin in early April 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
About CAA and AACRE
Chinese for Affirmative Action was founded in 1969 to protect the civil and political rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian American and Pacific Islander community. We advocate for systemic change that protects immigrant rights, promotes language diversity, and remedies racial and social injustice.
In 2014, CAA helped to launch the Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality (AACRE) network that focuses on long-term movement building, capacity infrastructure, and leadership support for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders committed to social justice. Including CAA there are currently 11 member groups of AACRE, each with unique strengths. Fiscal sponsorship, administrative, and operational support is provided centrally for all of these groups so they can focus on their core programs.
We seek a passionate and detail loving AACRE Operations & IT Coordinator with a deep commitment to racial and social justice and immigrant rights. This position will work closely with the small and mighty AACRE capacity team that together support eleven organizations within the AACRE Network.
This role will provide basic information technology and digital security support, lead all Salesforce data entries and management of donor records, and engage in special projects. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, can learn multiple software programs, and be trained on custom administrative processes. Our candidate is an excellent communicator, able to adapt to shifting priorities, and comfortable wtih a significant administrative workload.
The Operations and IT Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position, and is supervised by the AACRE IT Manager.
- Update Salesforce database with donor records, grants, and contact information.
- Ensure timely and accurate donation tracking utilizing detailed field mapping from Excel to Salesforce import for eleven organizations.
- Track and manage large amounts of donor data with accuracy, high levels of efficiency, and strong security practices including names, addresses, financial information.
- Ability to think strategically about existing processes and identify opportunities for better workflows.
- Support and provide solutions via email, phone, and video calls with staff and partners from a variety of marginalized communities and multiple levels of digital fluency who use hardware and software tools we provide.
- Basic to intermediate G-suite support including group setup, administration, resource management and policies, large batches of data migration, and 2 factor authentication.
- Work with IT consulting vendor to ensure solutions are provided to completion for staff and volunteers.
- Be trained on and support upholding best practices of digital security.
- Support staff with initial set-up of internal and external facing Zoom meetings and webinars and provide tech support backup.
- Work across the finance, operations, development, and technology departments.
- Backup and support the Administrative Coordinator with Quickbooks admin tasks (donation, grant, and partnership tracking), and basic HR admin tasks as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of AACRE and CAA to social justice and equity issues especially within immigrant, LGBTQ+, and multi-racial communities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and G-suite tools
- Strong file management skills
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent database experience
- Familiarity with Mac and PC environments
- High attention to detail and ability to conform to existing administrative structures
- Preferred experience supporting training and capacity building
- Sense of humor
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to employment(at)caasf.org. In the subject line, please write “AACRE Operations and IT Coordinator.” For more information visit www.caasf.org and www.aacre.org.
CAA/AACRE is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.