$65,000 - $75,000
About CAA and AACRE
Chinese for Affirmative Action was founded in 1969 to protect the civil and political rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian American and Pacific Islander community. We advocate for systemic change that protects immigrant rights, promotes language diversity, and remedies racial and social injustice.
In 2014, CAA helped to launch the Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality (AACRE) network that focuses on long-term movement building, capacity infrastructure, and leadership support for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders committed to social justice. Including CAA there are currently 11 member groups of AACRE, each with unique strengths. Fiscal sponsorship, administrative, and operational support is provided centrally for all of these groups so they can focus on their core programs.
The AACRE Administrative Coordinator provides administrative, financial, and development support functions central to the operations of Chinese for Affirmative Action and the AACRE network.
The role is critical in providing administrative support to other staff in the organization and network so they have the tools they need to perform their jobs. This includes administrative support work in the areas of finances (accounts receivable, petty cash); donor records (donor database management, report reconciliations, donor acknowledgment); administrative support of human resources (timesheets and leave records); and facilities- related administration.
The position draws on a variety of skills ranging from detailed recordkeeping to helpful interaction with staff and community members. The position is non-exempt and the Administrative Coordinator works in-person at the Chinese for Affirmative Action San Francisco office Monday through Friday during business hours. We are ideally seeking a full-time employee to fill this position, but we are open to considering candidates preferring part-time, permanent or temporary opportunities.
- Assist front desk staff in welcoming in person visitors and on the phone answering inquiries about services and programs as well as CAA campaigns and advocacy positions.
- Directing calls to staff and making community resource referrals when needed
- Sorting and distributing incoming/outgoing postal mail.
- Perform bookkeeping for accounts receivable, and assist the CAA Director of Finance in tracking and processing donations, grants, and contracts payments.
- Make bank deposits and administer petty cash disbursement to other staff.
- Assist CAA Director of Finance to ensure adherence to document retention policy and assist with storage and destruction of records; assist with retrieving records for the annual audit.
- Create annual timesheets for staff and create holidays and other standard calendars shared with all staff.
- Monitor required records from staff (monthly timesheets, car insurance, Covid record keeping protocol, etc.)
- Support the Operations & IT Coordinator with Salesforce admin tasks (update donation, contact, account records), as needed.
- Document setup and print output for complex print jobs.
- Assist the CAA Office Manager with daily facility maintenance.
- Perform additional administrative and support tasks as needed.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of AACRE and CAA including social justice and equity issues within immigrant, LGBTQ+, and multi-racial communities
- Two years administrative or bookkeeping experience
- Familiarity with Quickbooks or Quickbooks online
- Basic experience with donor database management software
- Strong Word, Excel, Google sheet and doc skills, including knowledge of filter tools and competency with excel language
- Dependable, exercises good judgment, and communicates well
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse constituencies, including low-income immigrant communities
- Oral fluency in Cantonese a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “AACRE Administrative Coordinator”. For more information about CAA, please visit www.caasf.org.
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and immigrants are encouraged to apply. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.