Stop AAPI Hate: Documenting the Rise of Anti-Asian Hate
Stop AAPI Hate is a coalition addressing the rise of anti-Asian and Pacific Islander racism in the United States. Co-founded in March 2020 by Chinese for Affirmative Action (CAA), AAPI Equity Alliance, and Asian American Studies Department at San Francisco State University, Stop AAPI Hate has become the leading aggregator of anti-Asian hate incidents, working with other racial justice advocates to break the silence and change the national discourse on the growing challenge of anti-Asian racism and xenophobia.
Through our data and advocacy, Stop AAPI Hate has mobilized a nationwide movement to end the racial discrimination and violent attacks perpetrated against Asian and Pacific Islander communities and, more broadly, to build racial solidarity between communities of color and other marginalized populations. Our coalition follows a five-pronged approach:
- Serving as the leading aggregator of anti-Asian and anti-Pacific Islander hate incidents
- Offering multilingual resources for impacted community members
- Providing technical assistance from rapid response to preventative measures
- Supporting community-based safety measures and restorative justice efforts
- Advocating for local, state, and national policies that reinforce human rights and civil rights protections.