Under the direct supervision of designated full-time staff, Volunteer Interpreters are responsible for interpreting/translating written documents, events, and individual meetings as requested.
Assesses and monitor their patient’s understandings of the information conveyed and keeps physicians/nurses informed as to the level of that understanding. Suggests referrals to medical staff, clinical social workers, patient relation staff, chaplains, and ancillary staff. Records services provided in patient chart.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary interpersonal skills and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive verbal and written information
- Cultural competence and knowledge of other factors that may have an effect on community communications.
- Ability to work well with individuals throughout the organization
- Must possess high verbal and written skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to employment[at]caasf[dot]org. In the subject line, please write “Volunteer Interpreter/Translator.”