Join us for a special Chinese for Affirmative Action 50th Anniversary event about K-12 education. Save your spot here.
Improving the quality education of English language learners, segregated schools and engaging their families continues to be a challenge today. Join us on the 45th anniversary of Lau v. Nichols to discuss the future of Asian Americans in K-12 education that builds on CAA’s groundbreaking work from the past to today.
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Location: Chinese Culture Center, 750 Kearny Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco
Program – 5:00-6:30
- Jenny Lam, SFUSD Board of Education Commissioner
- Laureen Chew, Ed.D., Emeritus Professor, Asian American Studies, SFSU
- Hong Mei Pang, CAA Director of Advocacy
- Christina Wong, SFUSD Special Assistant to the Superintendent
- Anny Zhang, CAA Community Leader
Reception – 6:30-7:30
Reception to follow the program and will recognize key leaders and partners in education:
- Association of Asian American Administrators
- Lonnie Kathena Chin, former Spring Valley Science Elementary School Principal
- The Association of Chinese Teachers
- Visitacion Valley Parents Association
Is the panel wheelchair accessible?
Yes. Wheelchair users should enter through the Hilton ground lobby and take the elevator to the 3rd floor to reach the panel.
Is there parking nearby?
There are parking options at the Hilton and the Portsmouth Square Parking Garage.