Join us for a special Chinese for Affirmative Action 50th Anniversary event about K-12 education.
Improving the quality education of English language learners, segregated schools and engaging their families continues to be a challenge today. Join us on the 45th anniversary of Lau v. Nichols to discuss the future of Asian Americans in K-12 education that builds on CAA’s groundbreaking work from the past to today.
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Location: Chinese Culture Center, 750 Kearny Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco
Program – 5:00-6:30
- Jenny Lam, SFUSD Board of Education Commissioner
- Laureen Chew, Ed.D., Emeritus Professor, Asian American Studies, SFSU
- Hong Mei Pang, CAA Director of Advocacy
- Christina Wong, SFUSD Special Assistant to the Superintendent
Reception – 6:30-7:30
Reception to follow the program and will recognize key leaders and partners in education:
- Association of Asian American Administrators
- Lonnie Kathena Chin, former Spring Valley Elementary School Principal
- The Association of Chinese Teachers
- Visitacion Valley community leaders